Saturday, January 26, 2008

Giada Helps Me Cook



Brief Update on one of my New Year's resolution to cook more: I am. I've cooked twice this week (hooray!)-- with some help from mikey and Giada De Laurentiis from the Food Network.

I bought Giada's Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes cookbook, and although I've only made one dish thus far (orechietti with prosciutto and italian bread crumbs), it was just as Giada promised: simple and delicious!

Tonight, I tried a couple recipes from www.foodnetwork.com, and although I was not specifically looking for a Giada recipe, the recipes I ended up with (when searching under the parameters of relatively easy but tasty) were Giada's. Here was our menu:

Roasted Baby Potatoes with Herbs
Ginger Sea Bass Over Wilted Greens



Yup, it was all so good and so easy, and mikey and I were super pleased. So far, I'm a big fan of Giada. I love that:

- her dishes generally don't require crazy ingredients where you have to go to specialty grocers to find them
- the ingredients are generally pretty common, so you would most likely use them for future dishes
- they're quick enough to prepare during a workweek, even if you have a typical 9-5 job (or 8-6, in my case)
- and, they don't require uncommon tools, such as a dutch oven, which I've noticed is one of Emeril's tool of choice. (Shoot, I didn't even know what a dutch oven was, besides the gross kind from Urban Dictionary.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home